April 2, 2015 by dragonflytraining
THE NON-TICK BOX APPROACH TO TRULY OUTSTANDING TEACHING
Dragonfly Training and Independent Thinking, two of the UK’s leading educational training providers, have come together to provide you with a totally new school improvement service- The In-School MOT. Combining the experience and knowledge of our expert teams, we will look at key factors which impact on the organisational health of your school through the use of specifically designed diagnostic tools.
How Does it Work?
It couldn’t be simpler – we’ll begin with a *one-day visit to your school, where a member of our experienced team will use specifically designed analytical tools to produce an overview of the ‘health’ of your school. We’ll cover almost everything; from teaching and learning, pupil behaviour, corridor displays, marking and feedback, leadership and much more.
At the end of the visit you will receive an initial verbal feedback shortly followed your very own **MOT document that will focus on your schools strengths and weaknesses, and where we believe you can improve and develop as a whole school. We can then offer advice on how to develop key areas of teaching and learning, and leadership, and how to plan for long-term and sustainable improvement.
Follow Up – After receiving your feedback from our experts the choice of the next steps is up to you. Both Dragonfly Training and Independent Thinking have a wide selection of training and support opportunities available in all areas, so if you wanted us to help you improve on a certain area, we’ll be more than happy to do so! We will also provide a discount on our published rates for anyone who has undergone one of our MOT’s.
Alternatively, you can take away your MOT document and build your own strategies for whole school improvement – nevertheless we will only be a phone call away if you need further assistance.
*We can also visit your school for two or three day MOTs as well
**This document is an outline of the opinions gained during the visit to the school by the representatives of Independent(s) Thinking Ltd and Dragonfly Training Ltd. This is not an inspection and judgements are not made. The thoughts and questions below are aimed to help you see the school from an informed outsiders perspective and intended to support your development processes. The potential for any follow up work is completely in the hands of the school. A conversation will be scheduled where these possibilities can be discussed. It is intended that this document is valuable as a stand-alone separate from any further work.
THIS COURSE AIMS TO
- Develop key areas of teaching & learning throughout your school
- Show you how to plan for long-term and sustainable improvement
- Give you an ‘informed observer’ perspective of your school with suggestions of possible areas of development
- Show you the ‘organisational health’ of your school through unique analytical tools
- Offer highly effective, non-critical feedback
- Begin with a one to three day visit from a member of our experienced team
- Using a variety of unique analytical tools, we will produce an overview of the overall ‘health’ of your school
- Our team will give your school its unique MOT report, looking at your strengths and areas for improvement
- Help you plan for long-term and sustainable improvement
- On-going support work at a special discounted rate
- Additional on-site or external training including in-class support
- One-to-one coaching and mentoring
- Reviews and developmental plans for whole school inputs and training as appropriate